Installation of a Skid Mounted SAF™ Treatment System for a Truck Washing Application
Specializing in the manufacturing of the next generation of solid/liquid separation systems, Heron Innovators developed this Suspended Air® Flotation (SAF™) system for a customer in the truck washing industry. The skid mounted treatment system addressed the customer's need for treatment of water reuse by removing suspended solids, oils, and grease. The solution Heron Innovators provided to the customer reduced surcharges prior to discharge to the municipal wastewater collection system.
At Heron Innovators, our design and build capabilities include creation of Auto CAD drawings and complete in-house fabrication of mechanical and electrical equipment. This system was welded from AISI 304 stainless steel with a structural base of ASTM A36 carbon steel. The overall product measures 16ft.' long x 6ft. wide x 7 ft. high, and our processes provided for tolerances of +/- 1/16 inches. The system features a pump capacity of 80 gpm with a small footprint and excellent solids removal. Project turnaround was less than 14 weeks. For additional details on this project, please see the details below, or contact us for more information.
Request for Quote
Installation of a Skid Mounted SAF™ Treatment System for a Truck Washing Application Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Model SAF50 Skid-mounted SAF™ system
- Product Description
- Skid mounted Model SAF50 Suspended Air® Flotation Treatment System. This skid-mounted SAF™ system is used for removing suspended solids, oil and grease, and BOD/COD from truck tanker washing wastewater prior to discharge to a municipal wastewater collection system in order to reduce surcharges.
- System Capabilities and Services Provided
- Engineering design of process and components
- AutoCAD drawings
- In-house fabrication of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Custom fabricated welded stainless steel tanks and components
- Installation of equipment and process start-up support
- Operations and maintenance manual
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 16 ft. L x 6 ft. W x 7 ft. H
- Tightest Tolerances
- +/- 1/16 inches
- Material Used
- Structural: 304 Stainless Steel or ASTM A36 Carbon Steel
- Additional Facts
- Special Features
- Sole source procurement
- Low footprint skid-mounted, integrated system.
- Skid includes all component(s) and staging for conditioning chemistry, polymers, coagulants, etc.
- On/off operation based on external parameter.
- 80 gpm feed pump
- Model F8 SAF™generator with froth metering pump
- Model CF50 ClearFloater flotation tank with agitated flocculation chamber and chain and flight skimmer
- Solids pump
- Polymer mixing/aging system and metering pump
- Coagulant metering pump
- 3-in., 50-ft plug flow, serpentine contact assembly
- pH Controller
- Chemical Staging Platform w/2-65 gallon translucent carboys, 2- calibration columns
- 265 gallon coagulant staging tote
- Control panel with High Strength / Low Strength settings
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Bench Testing
Shop testing for leak tightness and electromechanical function
- Reduced TSS, BOD/COD and O&G (FOG) to sewer, saving on surcharges. In service since 2011.
- Industry for Use
- Truck Washing
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 14 weeks
- Delivery Location
- St. Joe, Missouri
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
View Other Industrial Applications
Back to Top