SAF™ System Pilot Testing For Wastewater Applications
The Heron Innovators system detailed here is a trailer mounted model SAF125 treatment system, fabricated from AISI type 304 stainless steel, PVC, and polyurethane. The pilot trailer measured 40 feet long by 8 feet wide by approximately 12 feet high. The system has a 250 gpm flow capacity and includes pH control systems with a PID loop. This complete and continuous operating facility features a 7.5 HP feed pump and 4-inch magnetic flow meter. The pilot testing provided data proving over 30 times the capacity of a conventional circular primary clarifier.
At Heron Innovators, our product standards include designing according to customer specifications and use of CAD drawings. This single test run of the SAF™ wastewater treatment pilot test shows the efficiency of our systems. Further project details are listed below. ContactHeron Innovators to learn more.
PILOT TESTING GALLERY
(Click image to enlarge)
- 250 gpm self-priming Feed Pump with a VFD controller
- 4-inch magnetic Flow Meter
- pH control system with PID loops for acid and caustic feed
- Flow controlled outlets for coagulant feed and coagulation
- Conditioning Tank fabricated partitioned into two units with mixers and an overflow weir
- Polymer dosing/flash mixing and aging system
- Working Tanks for conditioning chemistry
- Flotation Cell and SAF™ Froth Generator
- Positive Displacement Skimmed Solids Pump
SAF™ SYSTEM PILOT TESTING FOR WASTEWATER APPLICATIONS PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
- Product Name
- Trailer mounted Model SAF125 Suspended Air® Flotation (SAF™) Treatment System
- Product Description
- Pilot testing using a trailer mounted Model SAF125 Suspended Air® Flotation (SAF™) Treatment System. Capable of treating 250 gpm. Contained and fully integrated are:
- pH Control System with PID loops for acid and caustic feed
- controlled outlets for coagulant feed/coagulation
- polymer dosing/flash mixing/aging system supporting flocculation
- flotation separation of suspended solids and associated BOD/COD
- fully automated continuous operation including the starting/stopping system by remote signal/parameter.
- Primary influent clarification in place of primary clarifier
- Treatment of overflow pond return water containing algae/partially digested raw influent
- Clarification of activated sludge mixed liquor with concurrent thickening of MLSS.
- Digested sludge belt filter press filtrate and wash water clarification
- Treatability Studies & Pilot Scale Testing
- Treatability Studies
- In-house laboratory testing
- Jar tests for determining polymer and flocculent dosing rates and additions for pH control
- Analytical results developed to predict process performance and operating costs
- Pilot scale testing offered to verify process performance and operating costs derived from laboratory tests
- Trailer-mounted SAF™ system equipped to handle flow rates ranging from 40 to 250 gpm with complete pH control, polymer dosing & aging, and a flotation tank offered for rental
- System Capabilities and Services Provided
- Engineering design of process and components.
AutoCAD drawings for mechanical and electrical fabrication.
Provision and operation of pilot trailer in 2012.
Custom fabricated welded stainless steel tanks and components.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Pilot trailer: 40 ft. L x 8 ft. W x 12 ft. 4 in. H
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 1/16 inches
- Material Used
- 304 stainless steel, PVC, Polyurethane
- Additional Facts
- Feed System: 7.5 HP, 250 gpm pump with 4-in. magnetic flow meter,
pH control system with acid and caustic PID Loops
- Conditioning Tank: 304SS, 1,800 gallons, 2-compartment with 2-turbine agitators.
- Flotation Tank: Model CF-125 ClearFloater™ Cross-Flow Flotation Cell with flocculation agitator, chain and flight skimmer, solids hopper, adjustable stainless steel weir, and observation decking.
- SAF™ Generator: Model F50 (13.6 gpm froth flow rating).
- Ancillary Equipment: Polymer dilution and aging system; acid, caustic, polymer, and frothing agent metering pumps; float solids transfer pump; control panels
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Bench Testing
Pilot Trailer Runs in May and June 2012
- SAF™ demonstrated over 30 times the capacity of a conventional primary clarifier. Algae removed from pond return water. MLSS thickened to greater than 5% with half the polymer dosage of the plant’s own Gravity Belt Thickener and with greater solids capture.
- Industry for Use
- Industrial & Municipal Wastewater
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 1 week
- Delivery Location
- Fortuna, California
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing