A tomato cannery needed additional treatment to remove suspended solids from their process wastewater. At Heron Innovators, we specialize in the design, development, fabrication, and installation of highly efficient SAF™ systems. A pilot trailer was placed at the plant and ran for two months during the 2012 processing season, proving the system’s capabilities and setting the stage for the customer’s order for a complete system to be installed.
The Model SAF1000 system has the capacity to treat the entire wastewater flow of up to 2,000 gpm, and consists of two 15-HP system feed pumps, a 5,000-gal. conditioning tank with recirculation / mixing pump, a Model CF1000 ClearFloater™ flotation tank, a Model F100 SAF™ generator, a polymer dilution and aging system, and control panels including a PLC for process control functions. It is custom fabricated from AISI 304 stainless steel, PVC and polyurethane. Our production planning allowed for a 14-week expedited turnaround time.
The site discharges its wastewater effluent for land application to a nearby farm. The entire operation is located near a growing urban area and odor complaints from the farm have been an issue during previous operating seasons. The treated water now resolves those issues by removing suspended solids and associated BOD. The water percholates more dependably into receiving soils reducing loading and quantities of stagnant water (greatly reducing odors from the site).
This cost effective SAF™ system improves solid handling in the wastewater treatment process and operates automatically, requiring no continuous operator attention. Additional project details are listed below. For more information, contact us directly.
SAF™ SYSTEM FOR A TOMATO CANNERY PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
- Product Name
- Model SAF1000 Suspended Air® Flotation (SAF™) Treatment System
- Product Description
- Model SAF1000 Suspended Air® Flotation System. This SAF™ system is used to treat tomato processing wastewater.
- System Capabilities and Services Provided
- Engineering design of process and components
- AutoCAD drawings
- In-house fabrication of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Custom fabricated welded stainless steel tanks and components
- Laboratory services supporting treatability study and proof of concept determinations.
- Installation and start-up support
- Operations and maintenance manual
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Model F100 Froth Generator: 61 in. W x 63 in. L x 78 in. H
Model CF1000 ClearFloater: 9 ft. W x 28 ft. L x 11 ft. H
Conditioning Tank: 7 ft. Dia. x 18 ft. H, 5,000 gal. capacity
- Tightest Tolerances
- +/- 1/16 inch
- Material Used
- 304 stainless steel, PVC, Polyurethane
- Additional Facts
- Sole Source Procurement
Flow rate treated: 1,200 gpm (ave) / 2,000 gpm (max)
- Model F100 froth generator and metering pump
- Model CF1000 ClearFloater flotation tank with agitated flocculation chamber, chain and flight skimmer, and observation decking/staircase
- Day tanks for polymer and frothing agent
- Dual system feed pumps, each 1,500 gpm capacity
- Conditioning tank, 5,000 gal. capacity, with recirculation pump
- Skimmed solids pump
- Polymer mixing/aging system and metering pump
- 8-in. magnetic flow meter
- Control panels
- PLC control of flow rate
- HMI for set points and flow readout
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Pilot Trailer Run for 2 months during 2012 processing season
- Good treatment with significantly reduced odor complaints. Complete system installed for use during the 2013 processing season.
- Industry for Use
- Tomato Processing
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 14 weeks (expedited)
- Delivery Location
- Woodland, California
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing